Saturday

Closet cleaning yields great find!

Now that the weather is warming up, I have been thinking of using the bike to get around again. Especially for the photography. It will be so much better to ride it down to the studio than walking, and with it I can go further, so can now use the near by park for location sessions in nice weather.

One small problem, I have a basket on the front which the camera bag fits nicely into and with a bungee cord it is very secure too. However, I have too much equipment for the camera bag now! Which is a good thing, but the basket won't hold any more. So I was looking around online at commuter accessories for bikes and found some nice bags to put on a rack on the back of the bike. I already have the rack, but boy some of these bags are pricey and not really sure how they would work with what I need to put in them. Which is a pitfall of online shopping.

Anyhow, last week I decided to clean out one of the hall closets and what did I find buried beneath piles of quilting fabrics?

THIS!



A bag for one of the old camcorders! You know the ones, they were huge and heavy? Before the days when you could slip your camcorder into your pocket? Yep, we had one. And for some reason we still have the bag, though the camera itself has been gone for many years.

This is PERFECT! Since it's for a camera, it is well padded, has TONS of space, even more than what I need (for now..lol) so I can put the equipment that is causing my regular camera bag to burst at the seams in it also, and it will fit on the bike rack!

Best of all, it's FREE! Oh, and btw, I also found 2 collapsible stands that are perfect for holding reflectors, which I was also looking at with thoughts of buying.

I guess the moral of this story would be.."Always clean before you spend, cause you never know WHAT you might find!"

1 comment:

  1. Always fun to find things in the closet!

    Best of luck as you continue on your photography journey! It's never easy, but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete